So, I'm just wondering, how can one have a "Golden Child" and the other the "wild child"? The other day while I was getting ready for church, I notice a couple of grey hairs. As I was plucking them out with the tweezers I couldn't imagine why at 34 (and proud of it!! =D) why I have grey hair. Could the pictures below possibly explain why? Yes, I would say so.

Last Tuesday as I was wrapping up our day I heard Sawyer start to cry. As I went to see what was happening upstairs Sawyer was upset and was holding her wrist. KyLee went on to explain that Sawyer was trying to climb up on my bed slipped on the bed skirt and fell. She tried to stop herself by putting her arm down. I felt bad and almost wanted to cry, but then I saw KyLee face and she was upset so I was the brave mom and checked Sawyer to make sure she was okay. I called Cody and it was off to the ER room to have her checked out.

The doctor was very nice and explained to us that nothing was broken. My little prayers on the way to the hospital were heard. She had dislocated her elbow and after 4 hours in the ER they popped it back into place for her. The doctor said she would be fine, but wanted to put her in a sling just to help with the pain. He advised us to follow up with an Ortho dr. in a couple of days.

We went and saw the ortho doctor on Friday. Since the x-ray of her elbow was taken after the popped it back into place (other x-rays were taken but of her wrist) she wanted to go ahead and cast it just to make sure that everything "glues" itself back together correctly.

I have to admit, my little spunky wild child is a trooper!! When the dr said he needed to "pop" the elbow back into place, I went a little white and I handed her to Cody. I have had elbows, fingers, and ankles popped back into place. Volleyball and softball can do wonders to a person body!! On me okay, on my baby, not so okay. She cried for a minute but after it was all done you could tell she felt a lot better. Two weeks in a cast. One week down one to go. As we were waiting, and waiting, and again waiting for the dr. KyLee asked us if she has ever had to go the emergency room. Not once has KyLee ever had to go. The experience with Sawyer was one time enough for me.
Labels: sawyers cast
3 Comments:
I'm just wondering, how can one have a "Golden Child" and the other the "wild child"?
Is this a rhetorical question? I thought they just came that way--it wouldn't be right for everyone to get the "wild" kids, right? That's what I tell myself. Every day. Sorry about Sawyer's arm. Ethan broke his arm last year--jumping over the Gross's tree. He proudly explained that he had safely cleared the tree and blamed the break on the Christmas lights that snagged his foot on the way down. Just wait 'till she's older. Just kidding. I think. :)
Wow, I haven't seen you in forever. I hope things settle down a bit for you.
What a little trooper! Dang I think I would have passed out. Hope she's doing good. You too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home