A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Thursday, March 5, 2009

"So Fast you'll Freak Racing"

Last weekend Cody and I spent 3 days at the Nascar Race in Vegas. We have gone the past 3 years and year #4 was by far the funniest time we have ever had. We hung out with Cody's mom Jackie and his brother Cacey. It was so much fun that I wish they held two races a year in Vegas. I have to give kuddos to Cody's dad for hanging out this weekend with the girls. Sawyer gave papa a run for his money, but he kept her pretty well detained!! =D
On Friday we spent the day at the track for qualifying. I was bound and determined to get Kevin Harvick's autograph this year. I missed it last year and nothing was going to stop me this year. Security was a little pushy this year and put some limitations on the fans down in the pits, but I did it. I held my ground, was patient and when I saw Harvick I nicely walked up and asked him to sign my trading card. People say a lot about Harvick being a whiner of a driver, but from what I can tell he was very nice, stopped to sign autos and talked to me while he did it. After I got his auto I quickly and quietly slipped back into the crowd to void security and then called my mom!! =D I had to rub it in..... =D
On Saturday we hung out in the pits and had a great time. Out of the 4 of us I am the only one who had a driver running in the Nationwide, unless you want to consider Carl Edwards Cody's new driver, bandwagon FaN!! I spent the entire time down in his KHI pit. It was a great place to stand as the Sprint Cup drivers exited from the garage area for practice. I saw a lot of drivers, got some great pics, and when the KHI crew came out I was able to talk to them for a few minutes and get a pic. Again, KHI crew just as nice as their boss!! =D
On Sunday after walking through the haulers one more time we spent the rest of our time down in the pit areas. We took pics in front of a bunch of pit boxes and then I again went down and hung out at Harvicks pit box. I could have stayed there all day. I asked Matt Kreuter, the rear tire changer of Harvick pit crew if he would sign my trading card and he did and then was nice enough to pass it along to the rest of the crew member. How awesome was that!! I didn't even have to ask. The only auto that I didn't get was the crew chief, Todd Barrier. He was in the drivers meeting with Harvick. After he signed it he sat on the wall and talked to me and Cody about the race that day and Cody had to ask how it was to work for Harvick. He had nothing but nice things to say... what do you expect!! =D After we were done we walked up onto the track. I never knew that track had such an incline in the turns. What an awesome experience to stand on turn 4 and take pics. After we were about to be kicked off the track, we headed to get some food and then up to our seats. What a great race even though Harvick finished 14th. There is always next year!! I can't wait!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Laura said...

Hi Kenna! It does seem like it's been forever. We have been out of town quite a bit traveling while I still can with just one little guy :) I'm sure Tyler would love to play. His nap schedule is a little unpredictable right now. He's gone back to waking up way too early and getting in two naps...which throws off EVERYTHING! I'm sure you know how it goes. What is Sawyer's schedule like? We'd love to meet up at the park or get together and play sometime soon.

March 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home