Iwas asked to teach a mini enrichment "craft" class each month for our Relief Society. With any church calling one can get a little nervous and well this one is no different. Although it isn't an "official" calling the stress of coming up with cute ideas for everyone to enjoy can be a little stressful.

Our March "Quiet Book" class I think was a hit. The ladies made really cute Prophet and Temple picture books with paper lunch sacks and slide out cards that told about each Prophet and Temple.

To help prepare for the class and get ready thing ready it took about a month to prepare, but well worth it!! Each book had to have 34 5x5 squares and so my little Cricut machine has been steadly busy cutting out one card stock sheet after the next. I spent many of hours watching Wife Swap, CSI, and NCIS cutting out 42 pieces of ribbon for each book. Each Prophet was cut out along with each Temple pictures. A lot of time, but in the end a lot of fun and I would do it all over again!! It was great to see each sister enjoy the fruits of my labor!! =D (lol)

Our next craft night is scheduled for the third week in April. I am so excited to start preparing embleshments, die cuts, and other cute designs. I hope the sister enjoy another fun night.

For May, June, July the projects are all made and I displayed them last Sunday in Sacrament. I have enjoyed seaching for fun and neat projects for the sister in our ward to do. I have also had a lot of great sources.... (Heidi) =D

Thank you sister for a great night!! Looking forward to next month!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home