Many Things To Be Thankful For...
For Thanksgiving this year we went to Cody's parents house in Huntington, UT. This is where we have spent the last few Thanksgiving and we always have a really great time. Family traditions have been made over the years and its definitely something we look forward to every year. Now that we are in Vegas, the drive is LoNg, but it just takes something to get used to. In past trips we have learned that Sawyer gets car sick. Yeah, this is fun. It's is turning out to be not if she will get sick in the 6 hour driver, but when. The doctor gave me some suggestions for car sickness, but if anyone has great ideas, please pass them along. And to answer the lingering question, did Sawyer get sick?.. Of course. Leaving Vegas she got sick just right out side the city limits. Traffic was awful and all the stop and go got her going. On the way back, sure enough, 3 hours in to the drive she got sick again. We were prepared this trip with plenty of towels extra clothes, and baby wipes. I am becoming a pro at clean up duty!! Keep this up and the next time she gets sick we won't even have to stop!! =D One thing I am grateful for, is the safety of our family traveling during the holiday season.KyLee and Sawyer were happy to be at grandma's and papa's house, and sure enough when we arrived it started to snow. Cody and Sawyer went outside to catch snowflakes while KyLee was wanting her Vegas weather back. On Thursday the rest of the family arrived and KyLee and Sawyer were sure happy to see all their cousins. Much kayos when everyone is together, but deep down I don't think anyone would want it any other way. Second thing I am grateful for is family and being together for the holidays and for the technology that we have today to call my family who live far way. (love you and miss you, especially on the holidays...)
The dinner that was prepared by Cody's mom was wonderful as always. The third thing that I am thankful for, the freedom to sit and enjoy all the many plentiful blessing of food that we have when others are fighting for my freedom and I pray for those who have gone astray from their family and are lost in the world. Also, for the Patriarch of our family who holds the Melchizedek Priesthood that can bless our family, our lives, and the food in the freedom of his home without worry or fear of persecution. What a great time we had sitting around eating wonderful food, talking, watching Dallas Football and Sawyer say "dah" and "really" over and over again. The more she said it the more sassy she got with a head bop and finger waving routine that had everyone laughing with tears.The next morning the adult girls were off for a busy day of shopping while the men were left to tend the kids. Usually the guys go rabbit hunting, but it was pretty cold for Sawyer so they stayed behind and just let the kids play. Our shopping day was pretty productive and we stayed away from the mobs. We all still have our limbs attached!! =D We had such a wonderful time with everyone it was hard to say goodbye, but good to be home and Christmas is just around the corner.
Labels: Thanksgiving 2008


4 Comments:
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It's always nice to be with family. The whole car sickness thing is a bummer, and I wish I could offer some advice, but I have none to give. :) Your kids are adorable.
Kenna,
I'm glad that I found you via Val's blog. Boy Kylie is sooo grown up, and Sawyer is adorable, sorry that I never got to see her. I was sad when I found out last Christmas that you had moved to Vegas. Hope that you like it. How is your DAD doing, I need to get a hold of him sometime. I ran into Sherrie Miller (Jamie's mom) last week, hadn't seen her since the Bee's were through playing. We had a nice visit. She would like to figure out if we could get a reunion sometime, but I don't think I have kept any records of the girls, so probably not. Bummer. Take care and have a great Holiday. Love Ya, Claire
p.s. If you ever get up here please contact me would love to see ALL of you.
Hi Claire. I am happy to have found Val's blog. I cannot believe how big her little boy is getting and the fact he is starting Kindergarten this year blew my mind. We are doing well and loving life in Vegas. That is so neat that you ran into Sherrie. I miss the girls and I think a reunion would be so much fun. Something I would definitely fly back for. If there is a will there is a way!! =D I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Merry Christmas.
I agree, there are so many things to be thankful for.... especially at this time of year. Thanks for going to the Progressive Dinner with me, and thanks for being a great friend.....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home