A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PBR 2008

On Saturday we were going to take the girls out to Bonnie Springs for the Halloween festivities they were hosting. But, after a long week of Halloween this and Halloween that, we decided we need to do something else. We were going to go to the PBR Finals this coming Saturday night, but since Cody is having a CORT night at the UNLV -vs- New Mexico on Saturday, we decided to go last Saturday. We all love bull riding, even Sawyer. It has become kind of a family thing on Sunday night after we eat dinner we watch the bull riding. We all have our own favorite riders, but we all enjoy watching Justin McBride ride, and since he is retiring after this year, we didn't want to miss him ride one last time. Cody was in Vegas last year at this time and so the girls and I flew out to go to the last day of the finals to watch Justin win the title. It was amazing, it brought tears to my eyes, and Cody too, even though he would never admit it. So this year we weren't going to miss it again. One of my favorite riders who is retired is J.W. Hart and the picture above is of him getting ready to do one of his interviews. I was star stricken as always. The opening ceremony is always awesome to watch and Saturday night had some of the toughest ranked bulls and not many rides went 8 seconds, but watching them was amazing just the same. I can't wait until next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger theoskilanecfamily said...

I love your blog thank you so much for you blog link! Your girls are so darling and I loved their Halloween outfits they were way cute!!

November 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I LOVE THE PBR!!! It's so much better I think than the PRCA. I am so jealous... =)

November 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home