A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FuN FrIdAy..


We've been busy this past week. With work, school, PTA meeting, church callings, dance, and KyLee's social schedule, our calendars have been a little full. It is getting to the point where I am having to keep two calendars, one on my desk and one with me at all times. KyLee had a school fundraiser and I was thrilled to see they had a wipe board daily calendar. It has a spot for moms, dads, and kids to write down what they have for the week and you hang it on the fridge. I need to find a mini one for Cody's office at work! So I ordered it with a few other things. My order cannot get here fast enough.
Anyways on Friday, KyLee has dance and of course little Sawyer is along for the ride. Well Sawyer experienced her first major trauma "bo-bo" of her life. Sawyer is like a tornado when I take her to the studio. She almost thinks she owns the place. Anyways, there is another little girl there (about 7) and she loves to play with Sawyer when we get there. They will usually go in the little dance room and play on the mats or bounce on the trampoline. There is a glass door to the room, so we just let them two go in there and play since I can watch through the door. Thank you Donna for letting Sawyer run wild. While we were sitting there I was watching Sawyer run around like a mad man and then I saw her trip and slide, not a little slide, but a long slide from one end of the room to the next on her stomach dragging her little chin on the ground. When she finally came to a stop she let out this blood thirsty scream and started crying. I ran in and grabbed her and she was yelling ouch, over and over again. I couldn't help from laughing. She was pretty dramatized. She is going to make one heck of a volleyball player with that type of sliding skills across a floor, minus the chin as a kick stand. Needless to say, a little water and paper towel and the bleeding stopped. She will point out her "ouch" from time to time and then will walk away picking at her scab. That's our Sawyer.


So after the trauma was over and all the dance girls made sure Sawyer was going to pull through her ordeal, we were off and heading for home. I was ready for a much needed break so after I headed off with my friend Stephanie to Marissa's house for a nice girls/craft night out.I had a blast with some wonderful ladies from our ward. Thanks girls for a great Friday night! It was bring whatever craft(s) you need to get done. I jumped all over this!! I have been putting off and putting off the newest craft idea that I saw the other day in my favorite scrapbook store, Julie Janes Paper Co. The picture to the right is what I did. Basically you buy the FAMILY template, cut the paper out and glue it to the cardboard template and then attach what ever embellishments you want. It is supposed to be a sort of family album, but I just decorated it to put on my shelves that Cody will one day hang for me! :-) As you can see above the F is the shortest letter and each letter gets longer and longer to where on the Y you could actually put a full 5x7 picture on the board side ways. I was quite happy with the way it turned out and I was proud to get it all done in one night. So I wanted to post it so my mom, Jackie, Wenda, and Heidi could see. Girls I'm getting better!! :-). The night that I bought the template they were getting all their stuff together because the next day (Saturday) they were doing a class for this FAMILY pic frame. When I checked out she asked me if I was interested in attending their Saturday class. I thought about it for a minute and I asked her how much for the class. She said $38.00. Ah, yeah, no thanks. I did notice, however, she had some really cute embellishments that they were putting together that would match my living room. So I asked her, if I didn't attend the class, but I purchased the kit how much would that be, and she said $38.00. So I bought my $8.99 template and said thank you. I walked out the door and kind of hysterically laughed. Why, don't know. It was funny at the time. She said it with such a serious face. This little project, put all together cost me all said and done $14.99. Anyways, we stayed at Marissa's until about midnight and then Stephanie brought me home. We started talking when she dropped me off and we sat in her car until 2:30 a.m. just babbling about everything! I loved it and it was much needed. Thanks for listening to me. I am definitely looking forward to another girls night and the much need ear to chew off. :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Girls' Mom said...

That is such a cute album! it looks like lots of work.

October 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home