A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The excitement of Christmas

I have to admit, Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. I love decorating our house, baking cookies, cookies, and more cookies. I love to buy gifts for families and friends. When I was working in the office I used to love to decorate our office areas. It drove some of our other employees crazy but it was still fun and they only complained for the day. I used to love planning our floor Christmas Party and try to go "Above and Beyond" what we did the year before. This is the time of the year that I miss working in the office with all my friends and enjoying the holiday season with my co-workers. My goal this week was to get all of our Christmas stuff up, even with trying to plan for the Holiday Craft Fair I was able to do it. I still have some more to put up, but for the most part I am done. I decided this year that since we are in a new home that I was going to decorate my tree differently. I have been looking for months on different blogs and websites on different decorating tips. Thanks to my friend Heidi, she gave me plenty of web sites to search, and yes Heidi, after searching your list, I am still married! =D So after much late night searching I decided to throw a bunch of my ideas together and I came up with a Grinch/Santa Believe tree. Most of the decorations I either got at Micheals or the Dollar Store. The Dollar Store is definitely my friend. I also made some crafty Styrofoam balls for bulb decorations. It helps to have crafty friends, thanks, Steph. The tree is really bright (the pics don't do justice) with Red, White, and Green. I love the colors together and just all the different stuff I threw on there. When I say throw, I mean literally mean throw. I might add a few things here and there, but I love my tree. It is definitely different from the Country theme tree we have had for years.
I was excited to bring out my tall Santa and the Reindeer. I just love these two guys. I bought these at Maceys in Tooele and I miss not being there to get the new one for this year. They are just so cute and sell for a great price. The poinsettia was given to me by my grandmother who passed away 6 years ago. It is fake and it has been put threw the ringer, but each year I dust it off and fix the leaves and display it for all to see. It's my little reminder of her at Christmas.

While I was out on Friday searching for vendors for our Holiday Craft Fair, KyLee and I went to a Craft Fair close to our home called "Show and Tell" craft fair. The two ladies who were running the event were wonderful. They allowed me to bring in our flyer's to pass out to their vendors and they even passed out our flyer's to their customers. Since they were so helpful I kind of felt obligated to buy something while we were there. This is my excuse for buying something. But there was this nice old man who makes these tall lighted Christmas trees. He was so fun to talk to that I felt compelled to buy one. It looks real cute with all the other Christmas stuff and once we are done with it we can use it upstairs in Cody's "Man Room"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home