A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Festival, Springs Ranch, PBR.. oh my....

This past weekend we jammed in as many activities that is allowed during daylight! Fall is my favorite time of the year and I really wanted to enjoy it this year. Being a little homesick has gotten the best of me, so I am really looking forward to the holidays.Cody's mom and dad came down for the weekend and we kept them on their toes. Cody and KyLee had obligations on Saturday, but that didn't stop the rest of us. First, we went to the Fall Festival over at Exploration Peak Park. The past two years, I have had to work the PTA booth and haven't been able to enjoy the activities with the girls. This year we really enjoyed the morning. Sawyer got to pick a pumpkin from the Pumpkin Patch and then got to decorate it at the craft table.
I entered a drawing for a "Princess Party" and won. I am so excited! Sawyer's first "friends" party will be a hit in January. Yes, knowing me... I am already planning the event. A thousand of ideas are popping in my head. I hope the cheerleaders are ready for my ideas. I will need all the teenage help I can get!

After we got down with the park we picked up KyLee and headed over to Spring Mountain Ranch. It is a Nevada State Park and I really, really enjoyed it. For a few hours I really felt like we were home. You couldn't see the strip, we had to wear our jackets because there was a nip in the air, and there was no sign of palm trees anywhere. The girls got to pick a pumpkin and then carve it for a Jack O' Latern contest.


This was the point in time that my camera died. I will need to upload Jackie's pictures when I get the chance. After the Jack O' Latern contest, we joined in on the ghost haunted tour. It was cute, but scared Sawyer pretty good.
On Sunday, we took the girls to the PBR Finals. This has turned out to be a family tradition and it was fun to have Boyd and Jackie go with us this year. The seats were not the best (Cody was so mad that he is bound and determined to pay the money next year to have the "good" seats.) but the events were still good and it was fun to be there and watch the championship




It might just be me, but I have the cutest cowgirls ever!! Here is are a few pics from the PBR.



Happy Fall ya'll!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home