A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What I want in Life


Yes, it has been quite a while since I have blogged. I have been so wrapped up in other stuff that it is time to get back to the basic stuff that I enjoy, that includes blogging. Recently, I have been thinking about life a lot and what I really want. Back in July, with a little encourage from some truly wonderful ladies in my life, I decided to start selling the hair clips and wood crafts that I make for my kids, family, and sometimes I even keep a few of them for myself. I have started out small and have done a couple of craft fairs in Las Vegas. They have been so much fun and I have met some really neat people. It has been fun to broaden my network of friends and to truly know what life can be like.

Cody and I will sit and talk about what we want to do. We call it our 5 year plan. His dream would be to own a ranch in Colorado or Wyoming and run a Bed & Breakfast or a guided tour. As I sit and listen to his ideas, I only think of snow, cold, middle of nowhere, kids uprooted again, having to make new friends. Well, one day I thought to my self, "Why are you complaining?" I need to take him up on this offer and run with it as fast as I can.
I started thinking of a cute little town we came across when we went back and visited my family in SC. On our way back from Pigeon Forge, NC we stopped at this cute little family restaurant. The food was absolutely wonderful! The people had true southern hospitality and if I could have, I would have parked my behind in their parking lot and never leave. This is my dream! This is what I want in life. The land out in the middle of nowhere, the bed & breakfast or guide tour that Cody keeps talking about and finally, a cute little gift store that I can set up and sell all the fun crafts that I enjoy making. I keep thinking how fun it would be to have a network of friends like I do now who have the same passion as I do with crafting who would display their items in my store and enjoy the comfort of home sweet home.

The pictures below are from our trip. Enjoy and capture the moment...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home