What? It's over? Oh, and my feet hurt!
For anyone who knew as they listened to me complain, stress, and cry that the PTA at KyLee school had our first "Holiday Craft Fair" today. For the past 3 weeks, my children have been orphans, cody has done a great job being a single dad, and my computer printer is out of ink! But, I did it!! I was told that there is no way we could pull off a craft fair, and I was set out to prove them all wrong! Along with myself and the other PTA Vice President (Tory), we were able to pull off 50 vendors, lots of food, yummy treats, entertainment, and a pretty decent turn out for our event. The gratitude that I felt when I saw the clock turn 4:00 was like a child walking down stairs on Christmas morning and seeing thousands of presents under the Christmas tree. I was a little happy to see it come to an end, but a little sad to see it over. We did a lot of hard work and It was a great time. I have to thank all my friends who bailed me out and purchased a booth to "help me prove a point". Stephanie, Kolleen, and Ashlee you chickie's are my hero's. I love you guys thank you, thank you, thank you!! Along with these girls, I did a booth also with my friend Jenn. My booth was not the most profitable, but I was able to pay for my booth and grab a much needed Diet Coke on the way home! And I still have some great gifts for the ladies Kolleen and I visit teach. We're set girls, probably for the next few years :)
My job throughout the day was to MC the event. Who knew four years as a Communication Major and a degree is public broadcasting I would land my first gig as a MC at a school craft fair! :) It was fun and I even had one lady ask for my email address as she may want me to run her work Christmas party for the night. How much do people who do this get paid...... Also Donna with KyLee's dance mentioned me hosting her Dance Recital in July. Having a horse voice this evening paid off I guess. This is what happens when you are trying to find last minute entertainment in December. No one is available so you get to talk all day. Another lesson learned, search early for entertainment. One thing our vendors could not complain about, their business were plugged over and over again. Sitting here now listening to KyLee sing songs with the Karaoke machine, I was thinking about starting my Christmas cards. I must be nuts! My bed is whispering my name.....


<< Home