A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Suprised Call


Yesterday while I was working I received a suprised call. At first I couldnt tell who was on the phone until the name Scholtz grabbed my half attentive mind. My best friend from Missouri called me to let me know that her and her husband were in Vegas. I was so excited you would have thought I won the lottery. We haven't seen each other in 11 years. We send Christmas cards every year, but this was so exciting to see her again. Krista and I were best friends in college. We both played softball at Southwest Missouri State University. Between the two of us, I was the "Wild Child" and she was the one that would bring me back to reality. When I left SMSU, to finish out my college days at the University of Utah, I cried all the way from Springfield, MO to KC, MO. Her and I were like sisters. Everything she loved and hated about everything I felt the same way. She called to say that she was in town and wanted to know if I wanted to go out to dinner. I was so excited!! I picked her up from the Palazzo and we came back to my house so she could meet Cody and the girls. After Cody got home we went out to dinner and we talked about everything. I forgot all the crazy things that we did in college and she let me know about all the people who we played softball with, the ones we liked and the ones we could have done without :>!! After dinner, we went back to her hotel so I could meet her husband Matt and check out one of the nicest hotels on the strip. It was pretty spiffy. I wanted to stay longer so we could visit, but she is 7 months pregnant with their 4th child and she is still on MO time so it was getting late and you could tell she needed the rest. As I was driving home, I thought about all the crazy things that we did while we were at school. I realized how long it had been and I was sad that we only got to spend a little time together. Here is a few things I remembered.
1. Our Sophmore year, Krista's mom bought her a convertible mustang. It was like February and it was freezing! That didn't stop us showing her new car around town before softball practice. We put the top down, cranked the heat up, slide the seats as close as we could to the heater and drove around town. People looked at us like we were crazy!!
2. Krista's mom was always looking out for us. She would always send little care packages and red Twizzler licorice. We loved when the packages came.
3. Our Sophmore year when we were roomates we had a thing for Days of our Lives. Every night after softball practice we go back to the dorm fix dinner and watch our VHS (lol) recording of that "Days" episode. This was always a before homework ritual.
4. We spent many of long...long...long... nights studying for finals and drinking Mountain Dew. One night before finals we finally decided enough was enough and we decided it was time to turn the lights out. We laid there in the dark for hours laughing because we were so strung out on sugar we couldn't sleep.
Oh memories... I am so glad she called. I hope we can see each other again. Thanks for a great time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home