Remember to Take a Moment.

I thought I would share a wonderful teaching moment that I had yesterday with Sawyer. It wasnt so wonderful as it happened, but the Lord has different ways in teaching us different aspects of life. We are having some seperation issues with Sawyer when it comes to going to the Nursery on Sundays. There is usually crying and the word "no mama" stated over and over again during the second block of church. We have tried everything, having KyLee take her, Cody taking her, and me leaving her as I say goodbye. None of these techniques seem to be working at the present moment, but it is a work in progress. So this morning I logged on to the church website to see if there any manuals, talks, or simple advise to ease your child into the new world of Nursery. I came upon the Nursery manual for this year titled; "Behold Your Little Ones" that title stopped me in my tracks and made realize yesterday that is exactly what the Lord was telling me to do. So here is my story. On Fridays I work until 10:00 and have the rest of the day off because I work another 4 hours on Saturday. I was trying to get as much done with work as I could before I logged off for the day. For some reason Sawyer wanted nothing to do with cartoon, toys, or her morning snack. She simply wanted mom. I was getting frustrated and was to the point of a tearful breakdown. I gathered up her blanket and bottle and we headed off for our nap which was well before her regular scheduled nap time. Sawyer loves her naps ( I am blesseed in that aspect) except for yesterday. I laid her in her crib and she started to cry. It wasn't a screaming fit cry, but just a simple tear cry and then what broke me down was when she sat up in her crib lifted her arms in the question pose and started talking to me in her jumble words. At that moment I stopped and I realized she was simply asking me why I couldnt take 5 minutes of my hetic day to behold my little one. All she wanted was for her to be first for a few minutes. I picked her up from her crib and gathered the blanket and bottle and we went and sat on the couch. She cuddled up with me and with in the time it took for me to finish singing to her, her favorite nursery rhymn song she was a sleep in my arms. I realized what a moment her and I experienced. For so long we wanted Sawyer to be in our lives and now she is and I am missing some special time. The Lord made me realize yesterday that I need to take each day, regardless of the condition, and make the best moment I possibly can.
Labels: take a moment


1 Comments:
Thanks Kenna for sharing that special moment. It is a reminder we all need. Even homeschooling and being with my kids 24-7 I meed to stop all the STUFF and behold them. Have a nice day! I love your background!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home