Bethany's Post Still Standing January 7,2008
I have a friend in Tooele who has put a challenge out to all of her blogging friends to post on their blogs a favorite blog of hers to share. Can I just say, I love to read other peoples blogs, especially our friends in Tooele. It's my little piece of home away from home. Thanks for all of you who share you blogs so I can read. I check them daily while I am working. It helps with my sanity, so keep blogging.... :> And to my other friends who read my blog, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section. I don't get to email much as I used to, so I love to read the little response people leave. Also, check out my favorite blogs I have listed. My friends aren't as crazy has they may seem!! xoxo. :>
On my friends Bethany Blog (www.thegirlsmom.blogspot.com) she has this posting on January 7, 2008 titled; "Still Standing". It is sad to say, but I have to admit I like reading this post. Not because of the damange that it did to their home (that part is awful) but it reminds me of what winters were like in Tooele and I am thankful that we don't have to fight the winter storms this year. Going home for Christmas this year in Utah puts that whole not so warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I will come out and say it, I hate snow! I have never liked it and I never will! People in Vegas complain about the heat, I will take 110-115 degree heat day over the 6 feet of snow any day. I don't miss scraping off my car, shoveling snow or tramping through snow drifts to get to the front door of CR England because the snow plow had not cleared the parking lot yet for us earlier to rise workers. Her picture of the siding missing from their house (we are probably one of the lucky ones of the few this did not happen to. Many of winters and wind blowing days left our neighbors without siding) reminded me of when we were trying to sell our home during the winter months. I remember praying each night to protect our home from any damage like the siding coming off my house, my fence being blown down, or our "second home" shed blowing off to the land of OZ like in the movie, "The Wizard of Oz". All in all, we were pretty lucky. There was only one time that I had to chase down our trampoline that blew up and over two fences. Thank goodness for kind neighbors. Things like this always seemed to happen when Cody was out of town. I remember the weekend we were packing to move it was the first big snow storm of the year. I took a picture of it on my camera phone to remind me of the pros about us moving, no snow was one of them. To all my fellow utah family and friends... enjoy the snow this winter, we'll send some warmth your way! :)
Labels: Bethany's blog-Still Standing


1 Comments:
As it's starting to turn cold here, we'll think of you. LUCKY!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home