A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Monday, November 23, 2009

Pumpkin Patch-Halloween 2009

I definitely enjoy living in Vegas during the fall and winter months. The weather is perfect for visiting pumpkin patches and trick-or-treating. However, the pumpkin patches in Vegas could use a makeover. I haven't found one yet that I have been totally impressed with. Maybe it is because I always looked forward to going to the Pumpkin Walk in Stansbury, and so I am always disappointed when the ones in Vegas don't follow up to their standard. Last year we took the girl to McKee Ranch. Sawyer thought it was fun, but KyLee could have done without. This year when I asked KyLee if she wanted to go to McKee Ranch I got the typical 11 year old stare and figured I better find another idea. This year they had little man made pumpkin patches on the street corners. They were pretty cheesy, but for Vegas it had to do.
The girls enjoyed the petting zoo, the kiddy rides, and the little pumpkin patch. We didn't end up buying our pumpkins from here, but it killed some time before heading to the church to trunk or treat. Next year's quest... to find a "real" pumpkin patch that the girls will enjoy.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home