A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I've always got to be doing something....

Sometimes it seems if I sit down and close my eyes for a few seconds to rest I'm afraid I will never wake up!! :D I find myself doing "something" everyday whether it is work, running KyLee here and there, picking up after Sawyer, and/or looking for new craft ideas for our monthly Relief Society Mini Enrichment Night. PTA stuff has kept me going busy as well. Some people say I am crazy for staying on the board since KyLee will be moving to the Jr. High in the next few weeks. But I am glad I stayed on. I am really excited about the upcoming board for this year and I am excited to see the ways things are shaping out. Plus, only a few more years and my little one will be walking through those doors... wow that scares me.
The other day I was stressing over the upcoming PTA Craft Fair that we will be hosting in November. You know me, I can't do anything small and so I have concerns on making this a bigger and better event then last year. I have to remind myself over and over again that this is a simple school fair not some Expo that I am used to going to when we were in SLC.
As I am stressing, I started thinking if I was going to do a booth again this year. Last year I simply did a booth to prove to others that we would have vendors at the craft fair in such short notice if I had to do one my self. Out of the 40+ vendors we had that day, I was able to find about 30 of them. I had some great friends bail me out.
While thinking about this I decided to make up some of the same crafts we have made in months past in our monthly get together's, then I decided; 'Hey, why not make some scrapbook kits to sell along with the other items." Yeah!! like I said, I just can't sit down. So while I was thinking about this, well I decided to start yet another blog and sale these kits online. The website is http://www.scrappinnsparetime.blogspot.com/. I have had a ton of fun sitting and sketching out designs and then putting them down on paper. My goal is to have approx 50 different kits by November. I have four done now. I think I can hit my goal. So, if you need to get caught up on your scrapbooking and say to yourself; "I wish I could just pay someone to do my scrapbooking for me" check out the site. The pages are all set ready to go. All you have to do is glue, and hey if you want me to do that for your also just let me know.!! :D

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherrie said...

Holy Cow Woman! I don't think you know what the words "relax and slow down" mean! :) You put me to shame ! LOL

August 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger ♥Andrea said...

You are one crafty woman!!!! I need to keep up with you :)

August 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger The Simpson Family said...

I have been thinking about getting involved with the ptso recently but i am reluctant for two reasons; 1st, I like being th boss, uinles I can give input and have it be taken seriously, i think I will go crazy, just taking orders (a quality that I am working on)
and 2nd, last year after being in th school boundaries for only two months some moms asked me to run for ptso president, because there was a whole lot of suport and help. (which is scary to think of getting involved in something that bigm with no support.) any advice?

September 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home