A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ashley and Leon's Reception

Ashley and Leon held their reception at the fairgrounds in Anderson, TX. It was a really neat building and it turned out to be a perfect place to hold their reception. There were a total of 400 invitations sent out, so needless to say this was the event of the year for this town. There were tons of people there and everyone seemed to have a great time. They started the reception off with a great dinner of brisket and sausage. We were in Texas, you couldn't expect anything less. They had also had potato salad, and bread. After the dinner was over the band began to perform and the bride and groom made their "Grand March" entrance something I had never seen before. After the bride danced with her father and the groom danced with his mom it was very cute. Soon after they cute their cake and I have to say they were to nice to each other. But, Ashley is such a sweet girl that I don't seriously think she had it in her to shove cake in Leon's face, although it would have been quite a scene and nobody would have ever guessed she would do it. Following the cake cutting the auctioned off the bride shoes. They ended up with $2200 and even though the last bidder (which was Cody by the way) is suppose to get the shoes, Ashley and Leon gave one show to Leon's grandmother and the other show to mom and Glen. I thought that was so sweet of her and very thoughtful. Everyone ended up dancing and had a great time. It was fun to watch my family out on the dance floor. I am so glad we made it to the wedding and reception. I would have been sad if we would have missed it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home