A Thousand Splendid Moments

..... and home is where it all begins.....

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Girls Day Out


Friday was our girls day out. Not that we need to spend one more minute in the car, but these girls needed some fun. When KyLee woke up that morning I told her whatever they wanted to do today we would go do. I hesitated asking that question.... I was waiting for the "Strip" word to pop out of her mouth. Us "locals" don't do the "Strip". We have been to the strip twice, once when Cody's parents visited (which by the way was the first of two concerts for Hannah Montana, now if that wasn't fun I don't know what is) and the second time when my parents visited. So, since we don't make it down there at all, KyLee is constantly asking when we are going to "walk the strip". Seconds after that horrific thought crossed my mind, did the words "Chuck E Cheese" pop out of her mouth. I was so relieved to hear some thing besides strip that I said sure, not know what she actually said. So fifty tokens, two individual cardboard pizzas, and my salad bar plate ( don't want to ruin a good week at the gym w. C.E.C pizza) we were off to find a table. KyLee was tapping her fingers waiting for me to give her the go-ahead to spend those tokens as fast as possible. I told her to go and Sawyer and I played over in the tyke area where we were sitting. Not our first time to C.E.C with Sawyer, I am learning quickly, sit in the tyke section, let her walk around with a few tokens and she is one happy camper. She hates to ride the rides if they are moving, doesn't like to go down the slide, so needless to say I don't have to worry about her getting hurt. Once our fine feast was presented to us, it was the typical wash down with the hands sanitizer and we sat and enjoyed each other company. Once we were done eating, we followed KyLee out to the big area to finish up their tokens. The girls managed to get 160 tickets and it was off to by the fabulous toys us parents have grown to love. KyLee and Sawyer both walked away with a yo-yo, Sawyer ended up with a tiny frisbee (that I think Toby has now taken over in less then 24 hours) and KyLee bought a Troll doll for her school backpack. Once they were done, it was off to the car. As we were driving away KyLee told me thanks for taking us we had a great time. Little cardboard pizza and hand sanitizer, that made it all worth it!










Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Girls' Mom said...

Hey Kenna, It was great to see you on my blog. I'm glad you are doing well and look forward to check your blog out often. It looks like you all are having a great time in vegas.

August 17, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home